Bhutan With Bhumthang
- 10 Nights Bhutan
Walk through Bhutan's wildlife, religion, culture and history with our ‘Bhutan with Bhumthang Valley & Phobjikha' package. Learn about its rich history at National Memorial Chorten and a temple at Dochula, and get immersed in spiritual peace at Chimi Lhakhang, Kyichu Lhakhang and Buddha Dordenma. Motithang Takin Preserve and Chele La allow you to admire Bhutan’s wilderness, whereas the dzongs acquaint you with its traditional architecture. The Folk Heritage Museum and National Museum are perfect to learn about the local culture. National Handicrafts Emporium is where you can buy souvenirs, while the BBS Tower is the place for some photography. With a prospect of doing and .
DAY 1 - Bhutan Welcomes You (Arrival in Paro - Thimpu)
- Fly into Himalayas with Druk Air, Bhutan's National Air Carrier. The green walls of the hills known as dooars or gateways, in to Bhutan from the plains of India rise ever higher as the plane flies north towards the Tibetan border. Silvery rivers rush along the valleys, waterfalls plunge down the forested mountainsides, and to the north, the great snowcapped peaks of the inner Himalayas rise up to the heavens. Farm houses dot the hillsides on either side of the plane. As the aircraft enters the Paro valley, look down and you will see the Paro Dzong on the hillside overlooking Paro Chu (river) with Ta Dzong, formerly a watchtower and now the National Museum, above it. Received by our representative at the airport and transfer to Thimphu, the modern capital town of Bhutan.
- Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
DAY 2 - Thimphu – Punakha
- After yummy breakfast in the morning, visit National Library and Painting School of Thimphu. Both the places hold great artistic design architecture. In the afternoon, enjoy the lunch and then leave to for Punakha. The distance between two places is near about 75 kilometers and takes around two to three hours to reach. On the way, you will stop at Dochu-La pass and view mountains from high altitude. Upon your arrival at Punakha, check-in at the hotel. In the evening visit Punakha Dzong which is the 17th century fortress. Later enjoy the dinner and then stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 3 - Punakha - Wangduephodrang – Gangtey (Phobjikha)
- After breakfast, you will leave for Gangtey. The distance between two places is about 70 kilometers and takes three hours to reach. On the way, you will visit Wangduephodrang and explore Wangdue Dzong. Later continue journey towards Gangtey. Upon your arrival, check-in at the hotel and then leave to explore Gangtey Village and Gangtey Gompa. Later enjoy dinner and then stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 4 - Gangtey – Trongsa
- In the morning after breakfast, visit Phobjikha Valley. Here at Phobjikha Valley, you will find beautiful black necked cranes. In the afternoon, enjoy the lunch and check-out from the hotel to leave for Trongsa. The distance between two places is near about 120 kilometers and takes approximately three hours to reach. On the way you will pass through Pele-La pass. Upon your arrival at Trongsa, check-in at the hotel. In the evening, explore local markets of Trongsa. Later enjoy the dinner and then stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 5 - Trongsa – Bumthang
- After breakfast, visit Trongsa Dzong which is the great master piece of Bhutan’s architecture. Also visit Ta-Dzong. In the afternoon, enjoy the lunch and then leave for Bumthang. Upon your arrival, check-in at the hotel. In the evening, enjoy exploring local markets of Bumthang. Later enjoy the dinner and then stay overnight at the hotel/ lodge.
DAY 6 - Bumthang sightseeing
- The eight day of your tour will go into exploring the famous places of Bumthang. Some of the famous attractions to explore in Bumthang consist of Tamshing Lhakhang, Jakar Dzong, Kurje Lhakhang, Jambay Lhakhang and many other famous places. In the evening, enjoy visiting local markets of Bumthang. Later enjoy the dinner and then stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 7 - Bumthang – Thimphu
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Bumthang. The distance between two places is near about 268 kilometers and takes eight hours to reach. On the way, enjoy the lunch at the roadside restaurant. On the way visits Wangduephodrang and the continue journey towards Thimphu. Upon your arrival, check-in at the hotel. Later enjoy the dinner and then stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 8 - The Thimpu Experience (Sightseeing in Thimphu)
- A lavish breakfast signals the start of a day, which would take you closer to Bhutan’s amazing culture. Head out, and visit Motithang Takin Preserve, home to Bhutan’s national animal, the takin. The protected territory has pine forests that create the perfect environment for these animals. Also during the day, travel to Tashichhodzong, a huge dzong-style building, from where the king rules. You could walk in its landscaped lawns or see rich Buddhist artwork on its exterior walls. The place, which will really bespeak about the lifestyle of the kingdom, is the Folk Heritage Museum. The daily chores of villages, objects in use, typical village houses, livestock and stables, a rural kitchen and traditional open hot stone bathhouse are on display here. You will certainly be awe inspired at the sight of the around 52-metre high Buddha Dordenma statue. The idol has smaller statues of Bodhisattvas, Arhats, and mandalas. Like shopping? Then make the most of your time at National Handicrafts Museum, where you may buy Bhutanese clothes, handmade paintings, and jewelry. Photographers can rejoice as they will get a great opportunity to click a bird’s eye view of the city from atop BBS Tower.
- Follow this amazing excursion with dinner at the hotel; later, it’s time for bed.
DAY 9 - Thimphu – Paro
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Paro. Upon your arrival at Paro, check-in at the hotel and then leave to explore Taktsang Monastery also known as Tiger’s Nest. In the evening, enjoy exploring local markets of Paro. Later enjoy the dinner at any traditional restaurant. After dinner, stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 10 - A Day in Paro (Punakha to Paro | Sightseeing in Paro)
- If you thought you are done with taking a trip through Bhutan’s culture, you are mistaken because after breakfast today, you will be heading to Paro for another comprehensive sightseeing excursion.
- With around 155 monasteries, temples and stupas, Paro can be called the religious heart of Bhutan. Though the city buzzes with tourists, the liveliness takes nothing away from its natural beauty. Here, visit Kyichu Lhakhang, where numerous treasures are believed to have been hidden by Padmasambhava. The wooden roof and white brick structure of the temple are embellished with colorful paintings. You will also see a mighty fortress, Drukgyel Dzong, as part of this excursion. Though mostly in ruins, its strong masonry walls and cylindrical towers have withstood the fall of time.
- If you liked the Folk Heritage Museum, then you will absolutely love the National Museum of Bhutan, housed inside Ta Dzong, which you will visit today. Its expansive collection includes farm tools, ritual objects, jewelry, coins, traditional attire, religious items, paintings, and weapons including decorative guns. Following this experience, head to the hotel for dinner. After having your fill, end the day with a sound sleep.
DAY 11 - Paro (departure)
- Your Adventure Tour of Bhutan comes to an end here. Enjoy the breakfast in the morning and then our representative will transfer you to airport to board a flight for your home.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Parking and Toll tax.
- Meet & greet on arrival.
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure.
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges.
- Sightseeing by private car.
- 10 Breakfasts
- All tours and transfers by Personal Car is included.
- 10 night’s accommodation on double sharing.
- Camera fee.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call.
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum.
- All personal expenses.
CUSTOMIZE AND BOOK NOWEnter your contact details and we will plan the best holiday suiting all your requirements.